cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express keeps loading loading loading .....

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Outlook Express keeps loading loading loading .....

Not mine, thank heaven! I use Thunderbird. But my BiL's who is more useless even than I. Roll_eyes
He has a recently purchased Vista system and has found recently that he cannot sucessfully open his OE, as loading never completes. I hope I am right in telling him to uninstall recent program additions of which one is Tesco Internet Security to eliminate those as a source of his problems. Go back via system restore to a point he knows OE was working OK. Reload OE. Correct me if I am being stupid with my suggestions. Suggest anything else for him to do so that I may tell him, please. Thanks. Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Outlook Express keeps loading loading loading .....

Vista doesn't use Outlook Express but something called Windows Mail
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: Oldjim
Vista doesn't use Outlook Express but something called Windows Mail
I just assumed that, Embarrassed sorry and dear BiL did not tell me otherwise when I mentioned OE. I'll marmalize him.
If he was really meaning Windows Mail, then what advice please?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That's the end of my knowledge as I don't use it either (I use Outlook 2003).
However a quick search threw up all sorts of problems with Internet Security Packages. In the case of Tesco Internet Security this is a rebranded Panda Suite and according to the Tesco Site it isn't Vista compatible although Panda issued a Vista compatible version in 2007 but the Tesco version seems to have been issued in 2006 and doesn't appear to have been upgraded
Edit - grammar improved
Luzern
Hero

@Oldjim
Thanks for the info. Smiley