cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express Error

columbocat

Outlook Express Error

I've got several mailboxes set up on my Plusnet account and I use Outlook Express to download the messages.  It was all working fine for a couple of years, but for the last few weeks OE won't download the messages from just one of the mailboxes.  All the others still work OK.  The error message is:
An attempt to allocate memory failed. The system is out of memory. Account: 'SIH (Claire)', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x8007000E
I can still view the messages in that mailbox by logging into the website, but does anyone have any ideas how I can get the mailbox working again with OE?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
samuria
Grafter

Re: Outlook Express Error

You dont give details of your system O/S etc so guessing its one of these
Low memory
to many temp files delete all the temp files and clear IE cache.
HD full or near full.
The PST file is very large if it gets to 2 gig its cant cope delete old  emails.
It can be to many fonts on the system.
The PST file could be corrupt
A good way forward is to get thunderbird as its free and this will import all outlooks emails. You would be better off using it for mail but if you didnt want to you do have a backup of all your emails before you do anything else or before it get worse and you loose a lot of emails
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

This can also be caused by a bad email that causes OE to fail so it never gets past it. Try deleting the first email (in date order) or move it to another folder from within webmail and see if the emails can be downloaded again.
columbocat

Thanks for your replies samuria and Peter.
They gave me an idea and I've got it going again.  I had a rule which sent the messages from that mailbox to a certain folder.  I'm guessing that the foldername.dbx file is either too large or corrupted so I've set up a new folder for messages from that mailbox to go to and they now come through OK.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Another thing to try is to create a new identity in Outlook Express and import all you data into that new identity. You can then set it to be your default identity.
Jeff