Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 365

Nickelarse
Dabbler

Outlook 365

Hi,

I have been using MS Outlook from the 365 set of software and it was working ok but I now have issues. 

I have my own domain which is registered via Plusnet and my email is also hosted by Plusnet. I am using IMAP.  I use the my own email in the settings not the Plusnet one (which I assume the DNS system forwards mail to) and this has always worked.

I have several devices from which I read and send email, ie laptop, tablet and phone. If I send email from my laptop, it shows in sent items on all devices. However if I send an email from my phone, using the android version of outlook, it no longer shows up in the sent items on my laptop. (it does appear in the inbox on my laptop if I send it to myself).  I have also tried a different email client called Bluemail and when I use this, it wall works fine, emails sent from the phone show in the Bluemail client in the sent items on the Laptop. I am quite certain all the settings are the same, ie imap.plus.net and relay.plus.net   I am unsiue about which authntication settings to use, outloolk 365 does seem to support STARTTLS but I have tried SSL/TLS also. I prefer to use Outlook but if needs be I will have to resort to bluemail. Any ideas please?

2 REPLIES 2
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Outlook 365

Can`t help with the problem, as such....but.... Outlook, vs Bluemail..

as an idea.... if you went on a journey to work ( for example ).. on the bus... which took you from door to door, with no problems.... then the bus company decides to re-route the bus slightly, so that your pick up point is a short walk away, the actual route takes 5 mins longer, and does not drop you outside of your work place, as it used to...

Along comes another bus company, that copies the route and timings that you have been using for the past XX years, and for the same price...

Which would you choose  ? ? 

(Hint..... trying to get the original bus company to revise its route back to how you liked it  would be very difficult, methinks) ....

Nickelarse
Dabbler

Re: Outlook 365

It now seems I had 2 folders for sent items, one simply called "sent" and a subfolder of "sent" called "Sent Messages" .

The emails that originated from my phone appear in the "sent messages" folder and those from the laptop were in the "Sent" folder.

Is this something to do with the fact that my phone is on another network?  

I appear to have resolved it by removing the account from Outlook and re adding it and now all sent emails appear in the "Sent" folder. I still have some emails in the other folder but these were emails sent before I did the "reset".  Does this make sense?

Id like to know what was going on if anyone can help so I can avoid same happening again. (not that I know what I did to cause this).

Thanks

Nick