cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 & Recurring Events

Mav
Fixes: 515

Outlook 2007 & Recurring Events

I've set up recurring events as reminders for various things which works OK except for one thing...
e.g. I have set a recurring reminder of a payment. But now that payment amount has been changed. I can't see anyway of making the recurring reminder for the new amount from now onwards leaving the old amount showing on those events that hace already passed.
I could delete the recurrance and start again but that means now two events (one for those already passed and then a new one for forthcoming).
I can't find anything in Options/preferrences that allows occured events to be 'fixed' allowing the changes only to be made to the future ones.
Can this be done?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Outlook 2007 & Recurring Events

I think this is just bad programming and there is nothing you can do.  Perhaps you should edit the reminder to say "Pay £X (was £Y before date Z)" if you want to record a note of when the change took place.
Mav
Fixes: 515

You just confirmed what I thought.
Not a hard task to edit the subject with the new amount and put the old amount underneath but it would have been nice for events that have already occured to be fixed and uneditable.
Cheers.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

bit like your profile on here, change it and all your postings since the year dot get changed as well