cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2003

morgan2476
Grafter

Outlook 2003

Hi I have just reinstalled windows the only problem i have is that mail is going to unread box and I would like it to go to the inbox - how do i change the settings?
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: Outlook 2003

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an 'unread box' its simply a shortcut to a filter which shows you just the unread ones in your inbox.
If you go to your inbox, you'll see all the unread ones there along with any read ones too.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If you are seeing a link to this in the top left of outlook, this is called your "Favourite Folders".  If you right click on one of them, there will be a remove option, and if you click on another folder not in your Favourite Folders, there's the option to add it to it.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: James_H
shows you just the unread ones in your inbox.

...plus any other boxes you may have created where filtered inbound mail is redirected.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
morgan2476
Grafter

The problem is that before all the mail went into the inbox now it doesn't - it all goes into the unread box.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Have you resorted your inbox by accident so that the newest email is last on your list and therefore out of sight at the bottom.
Try clicking on the 'Received' column at the top to sort the date latest first and see if they reappear.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I suspect the problem is not being described clearly enough so lets try again.
I use Outlook 2003. Unread Mail is NOT an inbox, it's a search folder that personally I don't even display normally.
What is showing in your inbox when there are items showing in Unread Mail?
Is this located in Favorite Folders or All Mail Folders?