cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order progress stuck

fishsoup

Order progress stuck

Hi my new broadband order has been stuck on checking your details for 8 days now. My old broadband supply and phoneline are due to be cut off on the 31st July. My old supplier was POP Telecom and they wouldn't let me switch supplier seamlessly for some reason they said I need to give them 30 days notice to cancel which I did hence the July 31st cutoff date. It was some weird contractual thing even though the 12 months I paid for was gone and they started charging me a high monthly fee. Now they say there will be no problem switching supplier. I know Plusnet say they need the MAC code to progress the order. Is this why my order is delayed? As I understand it if I have no broadband or phoneline then you are not switching providers and no MAC is needed. I just don't want to spend ages on the phone to them if I can help it as the online chat is not available. Thanks for any replies.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Order progress stuck

Hi there,
You don't need a MAC to move providers, although if there is currently a cease on the line from the old provider we won't be able to take over the services until that's complete.
The delay was actually due to the reason we sent in the email to you on the 20th July, as the account was set up as DD only we wait until the direct debit goes active before placing the order. As that's gone active today we should now start progressing your orders.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fishsoup

Ok thanks for the reply. Is a cease where they just stop you from changing suppliers or cut off your line?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, a cease is when the broadband service is removed from a line rather than being transferred to another provider.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fishsoup

Ok thanks for the information.
Estragon
Rising Star

I'm fairly sure you are going to be cut off. Unless you can get POP Telecom to cancel the cease order they have put on the line. That may leave you with a bill at the end, but if you are cut off then it's likely to mean you get charged for restarting the line and a new broadband provision.
Devil and deep blue sea :(.
Your existing supplier is riding roughshod over the Ofcom migration system in force since 17June this year, and has screwed you up by placing the cease order on the line. (Are they ceasing both line and broadband, or just the broadband?)
fishsoup

No there is no cease order, they just wouldn't let me change supplier without giving them 30 days notice. All it means really is that instead of seamlessly switching suppliers I will have a few days without broadband and I could have avoided that if I had ordered sooner. It's just wierd that they chose to do business like this. Last time I switched it was so easy just ordered broadband from someone else and it was switched over. Nothing ever went wrong exept this when I tried to leave. It just looks like a cheap shot hoping a few people will be caught out and keep paying the high charges. I ended up paying for 2 months of broadband and line rental at £35 a month after my pre paid year expired. That worked out at £12.50 a month so massive difference. Why would they want to leave a bad taste like this. Puts you off. I used to be with O2 when sky took over and on the bill breakdown it said they were doubling the price because I didn't get sky TV. How stupid do they think people are? They must get something out of it or they wouldn't keep doing it. Anyway rant over. Thanks for your replies.
Estragon
Rising Star

Sorry, I missed the "if" in front of "there is a cease order" in Chris's post.  Embarrassed