cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Livebox

Rikaitch
Grafter

Orange Livebox

I referred a new customer over to Plus Net from Orange. Her Livebox was not working properly (the wireless was constantly disappearing) and so when she got her new BT router she threw the livebox away. Now Orange are asking for it back, saying it was being rented. If she doesn't return it, she'll have to pay £100+vat. Does anybody know if this is true, or at least where it is in their contract?
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: Orange Livebox

my sister signed up with o2 broadband and i went over her contract and here speed touch wirless router is on loan for durration of her contract with them cant rember how much they would charge her if she didnt return it but it wasnt anywhere near £100.
if they will charge u £100 plus. maybe get on ebay sure they will be the same router on sale there for 1/4 of what orange want off u.
paulby
Grafter

From their T's and C's:
"11.14 On termination of the Agreement for whatever reason, you agree to return the Equipment to us in the prepaid returns envelope provided. If you fail to return the Equipment complete and in good working order within 30 days of termination, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable charge for the Equipment. The amount of such charge will depend on how long you have had the Equipment."
Edit: Include link to Terms and Conditions.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
prepaid returns envelope provided.

If this is to a royal mail "freepost" address, then there is no way that they can verify if the goods where put into the post, or not!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Send the envelope back with a rip in the side........ Roll_eyes
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Say that you posted it.
Maybe it's lost in transit?  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."