cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only fast torrent downloads during the morning

StuartUK

Only fast torrent downloads during the morning

Hi guys...
This is a bit of an odd problem! When downloading through Azureus I can only get fast download speeds during the morning (8am+). At all other times my download speeds are at about 20kb/s with loads of seeders. Standard downloads (HTTP & FTP) and normal browsing are fine all the time.
All of the required ports are open and checked via Shields Up. The NAT tester in Azureus shows everything is fine. It's like PlusNet (or something else) is throttling the speeds back.
I'm on the PN Option 2 tariff with a Netgear DG834G router and Linksys wireless PCI.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Only fast torrent downloads during the morning

If you look at the performance graphs P2P is squeezed through most of the day:
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
StuartUK

Yes, but that doesn't explain why I get fast torrent downloads during the morning (200kb/s->350kb/s) but slow the rest of the time (20kb/s). Even at around 2am when the graph looks good for P2P, I'm still getting slow downloads.
James
Grafter

I would have thought that there could be numerous reasons for this.  I've had downloads where there are apparantly loads of seeds and the download crawls.  However, I open up a new one with less seeds and it flies along.
Surely will just depends on what the seeds are actually allowing rather than being dependant on the time of day.