cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online banking emails

seanbranagh
Grafter

Online banking emails

Just got one of those spam emails telling me to log into my online banking. It was for Abbey who I do happen to have an account with and have to say this one would be convincing if you didn't know much about the internet and computers.
It made me wonder why do banks not use entirely flash sites for online banking? Without the .fla files it would be very difficult for fraudsters to accurately recreate the login pages etc.
Whereas with the standard html forms that are used, anyone with a little website experience can leach and modify the pages for their own use!
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: Online banking emails

Its to expensive to develop as Flash developer get £40,000 plus. Secondly it makes it simpler to steal. You download the swf file from the bank site edit the swf directly with Sothink software and post it to your dodgey  site. Its a lot simpler than trying download html the page and reconstruct it on your site.
Banks are stupid and make things simple for hackers.  Ring a bank or credit card company what do you get please enter you card details, please enter your date of birth. What they cant get into their thick heads is all modern phones like mobiles store recant call numbers so there it is on your phone the bank number your credit card number and DOB a hacker is 90% of the way there.
I wonder how many people ring from work or on a mobile, if its work anyone can get the number if its a mobile loose it and they have your details.
Do banks want to know when you tell them NO
seanbranagh
Grafter

Re: Online banking emails

My mistake. I use Flash a little and always asumed that .swf files could not be edited, that you needed to edit the original .fla
As for the expense surely banks could afford this with the amount of money they steal of their custommers in ridicilously unfair charges!