cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive sync problems

Mav
Fixes: 515

OneDrive sync problems

I have been using OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) for some time now to sync between my laptop and PC without any problems but for some reason it has recentlty stopped working as it should.
Locally on the PC the SkyDrive icon in the notification area is constantly showing it is updating. Currently two files within a particular folder are appearing with the circular arrows indicating they are updating. Both were save several hours ago with one being 50KB the other is 34KB so not exactly huge.
On the laptop the notification icon is not showing it is updating but a file I have saved (same folder as for the PC) has the circular arrows.
Looking at OneDrive within a browser shows just one file and not three and this is dated 4 days ago. I have checked the settings and both have 'Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this drive' set and all folders within OneDrive are selected.
Clicking OneDrive icon displays the message 'One Drive is up to date - Last updated 4 minutes ago.'

Since starting to type this post the icon on the PC has stopped showing as updating and shows all three files (although the two saved locally are showing the circurlar arrows) but the laptop only shows the one file saved locally now with a tick. OneDrive in the browser still only shows the single file that was saved on the laptop but updated to just over an hour ago.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

14 REPLIES 14
TORPC
Grafter

Re: OneDrive sync problems

I have seen similar, on clients machines
If you are seeing this in more than one Browser
The best, solution I found was to uninstall using RevoUninstaller / Reboot PC / Laptop / Run Ccleaner then re-install
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

the whole of outlook.com has been having problems, not just onedrive, yesterday the main msn homepage just displayed a text document giving the IPV6 address for the 3 mirrors of the service, the remainder of the website returned 404 errors...
OneDrive also has periodic problems for a few hours because they take the servers down for maint so there is less bandwidth available for the millions of people trying to access the service.
if you find a persistant problem with onedrive failing to sync up across platforms your best bet would be to run wire shark and see what the packet streams are doing (speed etc) before fibre it would often take more than 10 minutes for a 2mb file to upload when adding stuff to onedrive
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Mav

This has been going on for quite a few days.
Checked OneDrive in another browser with same results.
I wanted to avoid uninstalling/re-installing but it may be my best option Sad

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

TORPC
Grafter

After re-installing, only install the one drive updates one @ a time
Make sure to use Revo as without it I found some parts were left behind, which continued to rear the problem(s) back up (even after using Ccleaner)
Mav

Have uninstalled OD on both PC and laptop and reinstalled on both.
Dragged the files back into the OD folder on the PC and, so far, files are appearing in the browser and on the laptop.
Edit: It may take some time with my upload speeds of around 0.65MB as there are around 1GB of files!

TORPC
Grafter

Keep us posted Wink
Mav

Using this calculator I'm expecting it to take a little over 3 hours Sad

TORPC
Grafter

I wait with anticipation Smiley
Mav

Took 4 hours and 12 minutes!

TORPC
Grafter

How is OneDrive doing,
Is it playing nice ?Huh
Mav

The laptop is off at the moment but will check it out a little later.

TORPC
Grafter

Letting it cool down after it's 4 hour stint Grin
Mav

Just tested and what ever changes I make on the PC are reflected on the laptop and vice-versa so all seems to be as it should.
Cheers.

TORPC
Grafter

Anytime Smiley