Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Board Car Diagnostics

minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: On Board Car Diagnostics

I've just had a look and it looks like you can buy 1 as a sample.
Not sure of the postage though as I think you need to register.
Looks like a good site so I have bookmarked it!
Jeff
pcoventry76
Grafter

i see would be good to  just buy the samples
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Pcoventry
my god a 500Gb media 3.5inch external for £20!?
Do you need to buy in bulk or can you buy just 1?

It says "hard disk not included"!!  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

suesykes
Grafter

Yes you do have to register... Nothing major....
Yes you can order 1 of most things....
Postage is dependant on order size and weight.  It cost me just over £5 for a parcel of 1kg.
HDD isnt in the price, but how much is a HDD now.
I dont work for them, just have used them and have been happy every time.
pcoventry76
Grafter

thanks sues/jeremy, my eyes work now  Roll_eyes
petlew
Pro

You've been able to buy in Halfords, Gunston code reading diagnostic tools for some time now. Are these on the same track you guys are on, or have I gone off at a tangent (again)? never used one, but the one I was looking at a while back had a "reset" button, whether this was for the light or the tool itself I don't know.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I mentioned this earlier on in the thread for use with a fault code reader.
Unfortunately some manufacturers make it harder than others to access the fault codes.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
petlew
Pro

So you did Dick, however it's Gunson not Gunston (my typo) can be found here: http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?item=1809&cat=443 Complete with fault code listings, pdf files etc. Everything you need except a skilled mechanic to do the work for you!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

Just had a look at the price here so my product from China was a bargain Wink
petlew
Pro

Humm! I don't recall them being that expensive when I saw them in Halfords, but maybe there was a mix up with the price tags etc. nearby.
So yes, then there's no competition pricewise, buy from China.
Even so, even at Halfords prices (provided you do the work yourself...if any) it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than paying a garage (especially main dealers) to do it. And you only need to buy the tester once. Think how much money you can save your friends and family!! Roll_eyes

pcoventry76
Grafter

mixed up price tags are good the shop are legall obliged to sell at the price on the product
pcoventry76
Grafter

I like this item.
http://www.tradestead.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=1927
A USB mouse that also doubles up as a slide phone for Skype
for £13 bargain!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: petlew
Even so, even at Halfords prices (provided you do the work yourself...if any) it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than paying a garage (especially main dealers) to do it. And you only need to buy the tester once. Think how much money you can save your friends and family!! Roll_eyes

All I was looking for was to spend as little as possible to see if it would work - obviously I was pleased with the outcome and surprised at how much good free software was available.
I did buy a double CD for £4 on eBay and that had loads of progs that applied to different vehicle makes but my car was faairly well covered by the freebies.
petlew
Pro

Sadly, that's an old wives tale, I think you'll find if the shop can prove it was an genuine pricing display error they won't sell at an incorrect price. It's not entirely unknown for unscrupulous punters to swap price tags around. They may knock a few quid off "out of gratitude" though.
You're on safer ground, if the actual product has a fixed tag (such as those through the material clothing tags) then it's much more difficult for the shop to plead an error.
But with display shelves with slot in price tags, you probably won't get away with it, and anyway bar codes will usually prove a genuine error. But it's probably worth a try though.
The situation is quite different with online prices, as a number of sellers have found out the hard way, too late.   

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Pcoventry
I like this item.
http://www.tradestead.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=1927

So do I Pete but if you break down this might be more useful Cheesy
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine