cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oi!... what`s happened to my right hand scroll bar ? ? ? ? ?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Oi!... what`s happened to my right hand scroll bar ? ? ? ? ?

Well now.... I have just uninstalled FF38.whatever it was.... and then destroyed any other references/folders/files with Mozilla Firefox left over, by running "Eraser 5.3"... THEN ... I ran CCLeaner, and also Eusing Free Reg cleaner... before installing FF 36.01.
Making sure, from the options, that Auto updates are not accepted...
Put in my add-ons as previous posting reports.... then went to bookmarks, and selected Plusnet forum... then clicked on a linky in one of the threads ... and .. hey presto... got the Menu Bar and the right hand scroll bar back...
so .. there is something amiss with FF38.whatever it is... and I am sticking with FF36.01 for the forseeable future... no updates...
Without the Menu Bar... it was impossible to "bookmark" any linked pages ... and the scrolling could only be done by the up and down arrows...
shutter
Community Veteran

Swearwords... SHOUTING ABUSE.... Etc Etc Etc...  Angry Angry Angry
Firefox has updated itself, despite me selecting Do Not Update.... and it has destroyed all my work for the past 30 minutes, getting the menu bar back, and the right scroll bar..
Anyone PLEASE.. tell me how to stop FF updating....  Huh
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Shutter, tools, options, advanced and click the box ( never check for updates ). I've uploaded a pic that 'might' help too.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah, Thanks Steve.... been there done that... but it still updated... but........ strangely, this last time, it seems to have stuck... and hasn`t updated.... double checked it too!... just to make sure,... went to a linky in the forum, and the menubar and the scroll bar appeared... so hopefully... the bug will be cleared up by about version 45.0.1 or something...
Thanks for your input....  Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: shutter
so hopefully... the bug will be cleared up by about version 45.0.1 or something...
Wishful thinking, strangely enough I'm on 38.0.1 and don't have any problems that you are having and so far mines hasn't ever updated itself either.
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah... Definitely "wishful thinking"..... because... when I tried to click on the walpaper linky.... what happened?  YUP !  FIREFOX has AUTO updated.... despite me checking dont update in the settings..
and YUP... got no "menu bar" at the top... and YUP... got no scroll bar on it either...
this only happens when I click on liky`s from here.  ( as far as I know )....  could it be a Plusnet problem?
shutter
Community Veteran

Oh Dear.... this gets worse as days go by.... I also set up my 10" laptop... with FF36 because of this problem.... and it also has "dont update" checked... but it, too, has updated to 38.01... and same consequences...
BUT>.. worse still.... Firefox is not listed in my "programs and features".. to be uninstalled.... it just ain`t there... 
creepy ... or what... ?
I suppose now I shall have to go back to deleting everything Mozilla Firefox, and doing ANOTHER install... or am I bashing my head against a brick wall?  Sad
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, here I am back again, on FF36.01...... hopefully, I have tracked down how to disable Firfox from autoupdating.... quite involved, but I did write it down... so I can do it again.. if necessary !!!..
As for not seeing Firefox in my programs and features listings..... well... I did a right click on the icon on the desktop... and then clicked on "open file location"... then scrolled down the files until I found the "uninstall" application... that got rid of 38.01 
strange how nobody else has reported the problem I have with 38.01 losing the "menu" bar and the right scroller... 
have restarted FF36.01 several times since the new install just now... and it seems to be ok..
Will see what happens tomorrow when I re-boot on another day......
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You're not having much luck with FF at all are you, how is it today? Also what have you got in your program and features that IS Mozilla  Firefox related?
shutter
Community Veteran

Ahah !.... well, now... today... it is behaving itself.... Because I have still got FF36.01 running.... and evertything is hunky dory... FF38.01 has failed to update... because I did things to the original install of FF36.01 to prevent any updates... and it`s to do with erasing files in the download... more than just clicking "don`t update" on the settings box....