cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office XP

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Office XP

he only wants powerpoint though, not outlook before we confuse things even more Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

there's also a free web based version of office http://www.howtogeek.com/183299/a-free-microsoft-office-is-office-online-worth-using/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Petlew
I have Office XP installed on my PC, I have some of its sub-sections running; Word, Excel, but not Power Point or Outlook.
Can you provide more details of it. Such as what the Help About in Word says, what MJB describes it as and what programs and options are in the menu at present for Office.
And was this the same CD you initially installed from?What does the CD say it is - there are various "editions" of Office with different components. You may have a mismatch.
How are you initiating the "upgrade" process? And where did you get the key from that you are using?
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: Petlew
I have .............. Word, Excel, but not Power Point or Outlook.
All editions include Powerpoint and Outlook (unlike later versions of Office) see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_XP (scroll down to Editions)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

All editions may have included Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook but a disk of an edition not matching the key will still most likely fail.
Even with the correct edition the retail, volume and academic license disks may refuse to accept each other's keys.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HPsauce
Pro

Will refuse.  Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@ Petlew
Just a thought...
Are you wishing to create Powerpoint docs, or just view them?
If the latter there's a free viewer available from Microsoft.
If the former I'll leave you in the capable hands of HP & Co.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
petlew
Pro

Gentlemen, my thanks, I've just had to rush Mrs P into hospital, I will get around to answering all your comments directly.
HPsauce, I will PM you, you will see why then.
Sorry a bit rushed.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
HPsauce
Pro

Hope all goes well with Mrs P.