cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Mojave Stacks

Anonymous
Not applicable

OSX Mojave Stacks

Does anyone here use OSX Mojave? I’m using v10.14.2 and on the desktop is an option to use Stacks where you have various options to ‘stack’ your files in to various groups based on your selection.

I’m using 'Group Stacks by Kind' but annoyingly I only get two stacks, one called Developer that for me just contains .SQL and .XML files and another called Other that contains everything else including .PDF, .JPG, .XLSM, .ODT and oddly .XSD.

I would have thought that the system would have been smart enough to create multiple Stacks such as Images, Office, Document etc or is this the best it gets? I’ve been meaning to ask for a while and searches provide nothing with insight.

4 REPLIES 4
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: OSX Mojave Stacks

I am also using Mojave v10.14.2 with 'Group Stacks by Kind' selected. I normally just have a couple of folders on the desktop but have just added a selection of files to see what happens. I found that all my jpg's were stacked together under 'Images', all my Pages documents were stacked together under 'Documents', all my Numbers documents were stacked under 'Spreadsheets', all my screenshots were stacked under 'Screenshots' and all my pdf's were stacked under 'PDF Documents'. The headings for each stack were automatically created.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly how I would expect it to be @acr, so the only thing I can think of is that mine is related to the fact that I use Parallels and I have a Windows 10 VM installed on the machine and the file sharing / integration attributes of that may well be causing me these issues.

acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Possibly, although I have a Windows 10 VM installed using VMware Fusion.

Google is showing a number of people with everything being put in one stack named 'Other'. Here are two such links:-

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/338414/macos-mojave-stacks-not-grouping-by-type

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8562453

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a look at these but none of them or the others I'd looked at fixes the issue for me, so I'm still at square one.