Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X updated... squirrel mail prob ???

piattj
Dabbler

OS X updated... squirrel mail prob ???

Hi all
I updated a friend's Mac OS X to 10.5 x successfully but, when she logged into the PN squirrel mail, found that her email addresses had gone missing. Personally I put it down to a huge coincidence (not immediately being able to see how updating OS X would do this to addresses not even held on the mac, but..)
Any thoughts?
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 117

Re: OS X updated... squirrel mail prob ???

i've used it on 10.5 and 10.6 with no issues... what do you mean it had gone missing, she can't log into webmail?
Will Moderate For Thanks
piattj
Dabbler

She can login to mail... it's just that she tells me that her address book entries are missing. In fact I can clarify that... I believe that she means "whenever I start to type in an addressee, it usually auto-fills" Now that's more like an accurate statement of the change / problem after upgrading OS X... Would an OS upgrade actually have that impact on webmail ?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sounds to me like her browser has lost its cache of saved form information (i.e. anything typed into a text box in a web page).
Not sure exactly how OSX upgrades work, but if that does happen it doesn't surprise me.
Fixes: 117

it will have installed a new version of safari which may have reset everything.
Will Moderate For Thanks
piattj
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies... I think that 'new version of Safari... reset settings etc' makes a lot of sense... I have advised she should properly populate her address book. Lesson learned!