Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPERA install problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OPERA install problem

Linux Mint 19.0 TARA   WINE 4.0    New install, updated per  $ sudo apt-get update on Terminal. No other programs yet installed.

Trying to install download(s) such as OPERA   v.74.0.39  Debian Package.. ( and a couple of others of similar Debian Package style)

I get these screens...

P1100444.JPG

P1100445.JPG

P1100446.JPG

I do not know what this message means... nor do I know what to do about it.... the "network connection" as mentioned was not broken... and it has been rock solid for 16 days ( routerstats graphs prove this ! )

Any ideas ?

P.S.  I am installing Mint 19 on a 2nd laptop, due to MINT 20 freezing at random times, necessitating a "hard shut down" on the power button.

( I have googled and done some suggestions regarding this, but it still does it ...... Mint 19 never did.! ! )

P.S.2.    WINE4.0 was the easiest way to install wine....  it will update itself to the current version [v.6] ( I expect )...but 4.0 does whatever it`s supposed to do,... for me... so not a problem if it doesn`t ! .

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: OPERA install problem

Not the only one to see the problem @shutter  https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302704

Not sure it helps though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

OK... @MisterW  thanks for the linky.... will scan down and see if any of the things mentioned work.

( it`s not only OPERA.... but other Debi downloads as well).

going out now..back later..

shutter
Community Veteran

@MisterW  Well, this is a bit weird.... Decided to swap over the hard drives.... the problem one, was in my 10 inch Hannspree laptop, but never had this kind of problem before on it. However, when inserted into my dell 15inch laptop. the "install" process went as it should do.... swapped it back to the 10inch, and tried another deb package install, but got the same response as above.

both packages were on a USB stick, copied from this 15inch machine.  thought it may have had something to do with that, so copied them to a Downloads folder, and tried again.... same problem as above..

I did reinstall the python daemon thing, but again, no change.

I`m wondering if it is a corruption of the Linux Mint 19 download.

Will download 19.3 and put it on a different hard drive, and see if the problem still exists.

will update this as necessary..