cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK What's The Catch? With Win7 with SP1

zedingrove
Grafter

OK What's The Catch? With Win7 with SP1

You know I have been using Windows since V3 - XP! Which the latter happy for 10+ years... Now with 7 I am having some weird experiences...
1: When you install a program, all the basic functions are setup for you including spell checker, if not it is a simple task... Well, mnbvcxz typed in any program including MS Word (which capitalised mnbvcxz), high light the word say in here, right click and only get, undo, cut,copy and paste. Went to help typed in spell checker, result was....
30 Best Options of which I have included 1st 5
1.  1 Corrupted files: frequently asked questions
2.  2 Getting started with e-mail
3.  3 Internet Checkers: how to play
4.  4 How does Action Center check for problems?
5.  5 Check for solutions to software problems
None of which has anything to do with spelling!!!!
nows here
2: Went to install printer, 7 could not find driver, Epson has a d/l which at the end of install has an error with 64bit driver, so won't install, eventually found my disk, up comes a message telling me Win 7 is not supported and have to d/l update. So me as I am thought install the driver and see what happens. Installs without a fuss, then displays yellow triangle with question mark, so go to properties windows suggests I run the trouble shooter to find out what the problem is... What the heck Windows reports back... Printer is not your default printer so can not establish problem, so made it default, then troubleshooting coul'nt identify the problem? So how the heck does it know there is a problem?
5 minutes later had it printing via WiFi.... So I have a printer which is still current but apperently non usable in Win 7?
PS Just googled about the spell checker problem and it would appear you have to manually install a library for that program, yet for windows there is not that option as, according windows OS has never come with a spell checker, for any of it's running programs, so wordpad which spell checks in XP????
Seriously surely someone knows here?
eriofqerq;erqlerflqfqrefiq
2 REPLIES 2
zedingrove
Grafter

Re: OK What's The Catch? With Win7 with SP1

OK problem solved, in that for IE9... There is no spell check option at all, either forced to use google add-on which wont do it automatically or switch browsers, unless your spelling is 100%.
Sadly I have a short fall of 1%  Cheesy
GrahamC
Grafter

Re: OK What's The Catch? With Win7 with SP1

AFAIK, Windows has never had a default spellchecker. It's normally a feature provided by applications such as Word. There are however, add-on utilities that will provide spellchecking for Notepad / Wordpad. It may be one of these you were using with XP.