cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBD Can Bus Application recommendations for iOS

Anonymous
Not applicable

OBD Can Bus Application recommendations for iOS

When I had my Nexus I had an application on it called Torque Pro, this application allowed me to read data from my cars using my BlueTooth ELM327 Reader. However, this application does not appear to be available of the iPad so I was wondering if anyone here has a recommendation for its replacement. I don't mind buying one provided it can support multiple vehicle profiles and read diagnostic fault codes.

Not really bothered about bells or whistles, as I only need the information so when I go to the garage there's no blinding me with wool over the eyes.
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: OBD Can Bus Application recommendations for iOS

I'd look at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obdii-trouble-codes-lite-car/id688952518?mt=8 for basic codes.
I have a feeling that several of the ELM327 type devices will not work with i-Phones (something to do with Bluetooth compatibility) but you could at least check that with the free app (wi-fi ELM units are fine with Apple devices though).
[Edit] Just noticed that Carista is available for i-stuff - I've used the Android version and found it pretty OK.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carista-obd2/id954363569?mt=8 I'd definitely recomend this one if it's as good as the Android version
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first link looks very promising but the second does not have support for BT devices. 😞
So I still need a solution to get the fault code to feed in to the first.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Mook
The first link looks very promising but the second does not have support for BT devices. 😞

Ah, sorry about that, the Android version works with Bluetooth - I didn't read all the details.  Embarrassed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.