cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2~Sky MAC request

bmgrt
Dabbler

O2~Sky MAC request

Hi all. New here as I've just signed up online with PlusNet both for fibre broadband & phone line.
I was originally with O2 which was then "taken over" by Sky and having called them for a MAC key, I was told that I was actually only due to transfer from O2 to Sky tomorrow Monday so they couldn't currently deal with my request... suspiciously odd timing but there you go.
I was advised to call again tomorrow Monday towards the end of the day to again request a MAC which I will do but... just in case they are playing "hard to get", would PlusNet be able to contact them as well to obtain said MAC a bit more rapidly ?
Bern
2 REPLIES 2
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: O2~Sky MAC request

Who did you call Sky or 02 support ? You should be able to get your Mac code without issues, but they do have 5 working days from the day you request the Mac , unless they have a good reason for not doing so, according to Ofcom rules
bmgrt
Dabbler

Re: O2~Sky MAC request

Contacted Sky through a No. supplied by O2. I did mention the 5 days & the fact that it looked like a delaying tactic to me but the guy seemed genuine.
Actually, my landline internet has been down for a while now since some time earlier this morning, I suppose it could be that the "transfer" is taking place...
Edit; Sorted, was a Sky customer for at least a couple of hours before requesting a MAC key !