Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now is the time to say GOODBYE!

shellsong
Grafter

Re: Now is the time to say GOODBYE!

Quote from: itsme

To my knowledge BT are not responsible for the exchange buildings anymore Monteray are...

They are subcontracted to BT even if they have been given responsibility for the exchanges so the final responsibility lies with BT as does the inability of OpenReach to liase properly with the fibre subcontractors of LLU companies like Be which was another problem that was encountered at the same exchange.
shellsong
Grafter

@ ed
I don't know of any offers on the go at the moment - mine stems from the fact that I registered in September 2005 and I've only just ordered my MAC key because the Bracknell exchange only went live for Be two days ago! I also might be getting a free month for a referral made at the same time if he decides to take up the offer!
ed
Grafter

Wow a 2 year wait.
I was supprised to find my exchange ready to go i was sure when I last looked they estimated 2009!
Smiley
chillypenguin
Grafter

Moderators Note
As this thread is dedicated to discussing Be, I have moved it to a more appropriate board.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
shellsong
Grafter

Well done Chilly! I was wondering how long it would take for my farewell to get pushed out of the main forum since Be was getting a big mention! Cheesy Tongue Mind you, you'd probably enjoy Be yourself - there's quite a large Linux interest on the forums.
Hardware enthusiasts would probably be interested to know that Phearfactor has settled in well along with a whole lot of other exPN customers! Phear particularly likes the high upload rate in spite of his poor line attenuation.
shellsong
Grafter

Quote from: 7th_star
Let us know how you get on Gerry.
Best wishes.  Smiley

Be difficult to let you know I'm afraid, since ex customers can't post on the main forum once their main account has terminated
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: shellsong
Be difficult to let you know I'm afraid, since ex customers can't post on the main forum once their main account has terminated

Actually they can, they just need to terminate their account and make it a free dial-up account Wink
chillypenguin
Grafter

I have looked at Be, for the extra upstream speed, but the charge for a static IP was their achillies heal was.
Also as I am limited to 3700 sync ADSL+ would not get me much higher.
Chilly
shellsong
Grafter

MAC key received and submitted!  Grin
"Don't cease to innovate. Don't give me less than the best.
And don't ever cap my dreams." - from the Be Manifesto
Mark
Grafter

Good luck with BE Gerry and thanks for your longstanding  custom and contribution to this forum.
I look forward to hearing how things go with BE.
And don't ever cap my dreams

Hopefully they'll never be able to do that. Your connection is a different matter 😛
Take care and pop back in to the dial up forum from time to time.

ed
Grafter

Another downside with Be looks like the creators use the forums and they lock anything they don't like. Some might say tyranical. The unofficial forum is much better Smiley
Realy directors should leave the forums to the users and never take the critisism too seriously as we all like a good moan!
They kicked the guy, who publicly pointed out the security holes in their Be Box router, off their network . He now surfs with Zen so watch out Zen users Tongue
shellsong
Grafter

Activation date 16/10/2007!
@ed
I can't say I've noticed them kick anyone except for persistent swearing - they tend to be extremely intolerant of that - normally if any problem area is pointed out they thank the person and do something about it unless that person is very rude and overbearing!
After you mentioned the trapdoor I looked and found information on how to close it posted in the forum FAQ section so they obviously haven't exactly been trying to cover it up.
ed
Grafter

After I moaned at Be about their fixed IP policy I got an e-mail today to say they are slashing their Unlimited and Pro prices!
Unlimited 24/1.3 £18pcm
Pro 22/2.5 £22pcm
+ free static IP
OMG Other ISPs must be quaking in their boots  Cheesy
shellsong
Grafter

Whoa! Major news I just had emailed to me!
Dear member,
We at Be are always searching for ways to fulfil our mission of offering the best broadband, for the best price. Since successfully launching Be Value, we’ve been reviewing our pricing and your feedback and we are happy to announce significant changes: Be unlimited is now just £18 per month and Be pro is reduced to £22 per month.  In addition, there will no longer be an additional charge for a static IP with Be Unlimited.
These prices will be available to all new Be members also, so there is no better time to recommend Be broadband to your friends

Aw shucks, Ed, you beat me to it!
(I wonder whether they'll give me a special deal because my early registration deal is looking sick now - Pro for £18/month perhaps? I could find 2+Mbps upload quite handy!)
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Hmmmm...I wonder how long Be* can keep this up without inforcing stricter FUPs, or putting prices up. Will be interesting to follow!