cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not waving but drowning

MatureStudent

Not waving but drowning

I have recently signed up with plusnet for broadband and homephone and am now so confused that my old dial-up connection is beginning to look wonderful.  Why is it so complicated?  I have set up 3 addresses in Outlook Express but all mail comes into one.  On startup, my laptop tells me I have 17 unread messages but I have no idea where they are as there are only 6 in my inbox - all read.  I am sinking under a heap of passwords, addresses, mailboxes, logins and emails from plusnet - including one about broadband phone (which I know nothing about) and I no longer know if I am accessing all my emails.  Any suggestions as to how I can simplify all this - please?  Sorry about the rant, just be grateful you can't see me stamping like a 2 year old and whining 'it's not fair'.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Not waving but drowning

Given the fundamental nature of the problem and the difficulty of diagnosing it at arms length could I suggest phoning support on 0114 296 5198 during your free call period and get them to talk you through the settings and the problem you are getting. If that doesn't work come back.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Not waving but drowning

Whilst Old Jim was posting, I went through this procedure and wrote it down for you to check things.....
1. Check your webmail.....
Go to "Member Centre" page .... login with your normal login and password.
You  should get a new page with welcome ******* (your name)
On the left of the page
Communicate
Webmail........ click on webmail, and login again (same as above)
You should see all your emails there.
(including any marked [SPAM]
-----------------------------------------------------
Go back to member centre page
on the left of the page
My Account
Email settings......click on Email Settings
new box opens with "Manage my mail"
Check your settings here .... note your email addresses, etc.,
Use the toolbar starting with Summary  Mailboxes  etc etc. to see other settings.
Hope that helps....