cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after Win 10 update overnight.

FIXED
hyperion2557

No internet after Win 10 update overnight.

My first post on the forum so hello to everyone.

Is there someone who might be able to assist me with my loss of internet connection. My Dell desktop installed an update overnight and now I have no internet access. The connection is fine as have tested this with my laptop connected via the same LAN cable but assume the update has changed something somewhere, only trouble is I can't find the problem.

Windows network diags show no problems, and device manager says all ok. Ethernet connection shows as connected but if I type in a URL it just eventually times out.

Am unable to do a system restore as this was turned off (needless to say its on now but a little late).

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: No internet after Win 10 update overnight.

Fix

This was from late last year but I have used recently to resolve a problem similar to yours on a friends PC.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-regain-internet-access-after-installing-update-windows-10

hyperion2557

Many thanks for the response, tried a combination of the suggested fixes and am happy to say connection restored. Not sure which one fixed it as followed them in sequence and after one final restart it started working again.

So once again thanks for your help.........

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

You're welcome. I'm not sure which bit fixed it for me but it worked in the end.

Dmike

If no internet connection after Windows update then I think you should fixed all your Windows update problems in your system. So for this you can try this: https://www.techpout.com/fix-windows-update-problems/