cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband or phone service after 'installation'

dashton42

No broadband or phone service after 'installation'

My new broadband and phone service was supposed to be activated on 10th August 2020, and I received an email confirming this,  but I still have no connection at the property. When I plug a phone into the PlusNet filter there is no dial tone - just silence.

I am unable to get through on the phone to raise this as a fault, despite having tried numerous times (usually the recorded message tells me that PlusNet are unable to answer the phone - please try later), and the 'online chat' doesn't seem to be working.

There is no email address for PlusNet, and so despite having signed up for the service on 20th July 2020, I still have no broadband and phone line, and I am unable to contact anybody at PlusNet to resolve the problem.

I am tearing my hair out. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
JBEX10

Re: No broadband or phone service after 'installation'

I have exactly the same problem, except you are a week ahead of me. I am a new Plusnet customer and my phone and broadband was due to be switched over today (18th August). This morning my old broadband service was disconnected and sometime later so was the phone line. I received an email from Plusnet around lunchtime saying that my new phone service is now connected. However, we're now at the end of the working day and I don't have a dialing tone on the phone line and I don't have broadband. I have tried to contact Plusnet support but no luck with that. Their online chat is offline and their support phone line just has a message saying they are busy and please try again tomorrow.  HELP does anyone know how I can contact them to find out what is going on?

JBEX10

Re: No broadband or phone service after 'installation'

All sorted now for me. Tried the phone support again this evening snd got through ok. Was transferred to tech support and very helpful chap ran a few tests and asked me to try a few things. Hey presto now all working. Looks like it was my fault for plugging the cable between the router and the phone socket into the red socket when it should be in the grey socket. Very good friendly help from Plusnet.