No apps on tv

FIXED
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: No apps on tv

@Whiteliner15

My guess is that this is another case of incorrect geolocation. The change to unlimited will have caused a PPPoE drop and ( possibly ) a new public IP to be assigned. I believe Sony check that the IP is a UK one to allow apps to work https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/bbc-iplayer-and-demand-5-apps/td-p/1740787

You can try the suggestions on that link,but the chances are that you will get a similar public IP.

Basically Sony are using an out of date geolocation database. There's a big thread relating to this problem with other sites but I can't find it at the moment. One solution is to request a static public  IP , £5 one off charge, which is allocated from a different IP range

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MisterW You diagnosis is a possible reason but I think we first need to establish if the TV is connected to the local network. Just need to confirm that the network settings on the TV are sensible, i.e. there is a valid IP address and gateway.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@RealAleMadrid I'd agree with you , and it's probably worth checking anyway

but

Its the same router same TV... The on ly thing that changed was the upgrade to plusnet unlimited broadband

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Whiteliner15
Hooked

Well finally solved the problem.thank you all so much for your posts and help.      what was the solution? Very complicated .... unplugged the TV's and plugged it in again. All apps back as if by magic.hope that you all have a great day.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I’m glad to hear you’ve sorted this and the TV apps are up and running again. Thumbs_Up
In my experience it’s always the simple things that are overlooked!
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet