Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No apps on tv

FIXED
Whiteliner15
Hooked

No apps on tv

Help required please.....pensioner neighbour a Plusnet neighbour recently upgraded to broadband unlimited.since the upgrade there are no apps on the Sony TV's whereas there were apps especially  Netflix...... before .trying to help I have hard wired from the router to the TV's to no avail.the router is her own and not a Plusnet one however it worked fine on her old contract with plusnet.however as it is not a Plusnet router the Plusnet support will not help. Can anyone advise thanks?

19 REPLIES 19
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: No apps on tv

Perhaps the network IP address of the router (or "gateway") is hard-programmed into the TV settings?  If the new router had a different network IP address then the TV would not connect to the internet.  Most (all?) Plusnet routers have network IP address 192.168.1.254 .

Whiteliner15
Hooked

Hi Reed thanks for your reply..... Its the same router same TV... The on ly thing that changed was the upgrade to plusnet unlimited broadband
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

firstly has the router been switched off left for 20 minutes then switched back on ?

if it has then some clarifications required;

when you say changed to unlimited just to clarify did it change to/from a fibre (FTTC) service or was this a straight forward upgrade of adsl 8mb to adsl 33mb service ? 

and was youview added into the mix or not ? 

youview changes required setting in the router (and if you dont know what your doing then its simpler to use the plusnet hub router) 

if you changed from adsl to fibre then settings need changing,

its possible that a router reset has been performed (paperclip into the factory defaults button) in which case nothing will work until the relevant details are re-added to the router (like account name password etc) 

thats about the only things I can think of off the top of my head, and its been years since I changed my connection lol

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Quick question, does everything else work OK and is it just the TV, or does other connected stuff not work. If it's just the TV, can you post up what ip address it's getting, and is it set to static or dhcp. Switching broadband product should not affect your internal network connectivity.
Whiteliner15
Hooked

Thanks nanotym.......no fibre nor you view just updated to unlimited .there were apps before on TV's and access to Netflix but now no apps and no Netflix access

Whiteliner15
Hooked

Thanks pencils.......it's just the TV's everything else is ok and broadband connection ok thanks

penfold
Aspiring Pro

OK, so that narrows it down to the tv and suggests that Internet connectivity is not an issue. Was the TV originally connected wired or wireless. First thing I would do is reset the TV network settings, and then see if the ip address it's got correspond to the router ip range. What TV is it?Huh
Whiteliner15
Hooked

Thanks.....its a reasonably new sony

Whiteliner15
Hooked

And it was connected wireless however I connected a cable straight to the router but that didn't work

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

penfold
Aspiring Pro

First off as I have said, check the ip address. If OK I would reset the network settings on the tv. What model of Sony... Some Samsung models failed if the Samsung portal was down.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.
Speaking completely from a personal POV as it seems their broadband connection is perfectly OK since it works on other devices, if you can post a photo of the setup of how the TV is connected to the router, this may help us offer more guidance.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Whiteliner15
Hooked

Thanks gandalf........is that found by going into the router settings page on the desktop ..........or on the TV's settings 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix
I’d imagine the settings on the TV.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

What's the model of TV?? Can maybe help more knowing this. It's definitely the setting of the tv we need