cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection

valart
Grafter

No Connection

My IPod touch as lost the wifi connection the problem started with the sky plus app I just wondered if I should reset it back to its factory settings.
7 REPLIES 7
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: No Connection

If you're talking about a factory reset for the iPod touch, I would only do that as the last resort!
First off, what's showing in the settings app - under wifi?
That's RPM to you!!
valart
Grafter

The setting app is showing Plusnet wireless and when I touch that it asks for the password which is on the underside of the router i uses that at the start when I first got my ipod touch and it accepted it.
RPMozley
Pro

So there's a tick next to PlusNet wireless?
Are you saying you have to input the password every time or is it just not accepting the password now?
That's RPM to you!!
valart
Grafter

Hi there is no tick next to Plusnet and and it does not except the password
RPMozley
Pro

Have you tried rebooting the router at any time since this started? If not please try it once, preferably during daylight hours as to not lose speed.
Another option is to login to the router on computer and try setting WEP 128-bit encryption rather than WPA. You'll need to set a different password for it, so make sure you have a piece of paper to hand to jot it down on.
See how that goes and report back as to the outcome.
Edit: Just seen your other post about it working now after a reboot of router.  Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,109209.msg934732.html#msg934732
That's RPM to you!!
valart
Grafter

Hi again I turned my router off and on and it as done the trick thanks for your advice,I wondered what causes this to happen and does it happen often.
RPMozley
Pro

Well it shouldn't happen too often, if it did there might be a fault with the router. As to why it happens, I don't think anyone really knows for sure, otherwise someone would have fixed it already.  Wink
That's RPM to you!!