Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New m/b time help needed

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: New m/b time help needed

LoL, if I had said a grand I would have been sent packing ;-0
£200 was a ball park figure, will see if she will wear £300.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

wait until tomorrow evening and ask her once she's half cut and not really listening to you during a move  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Not going to work either. Since she became diabetic she has virtually stopped drinking, and the doc has her dry for next month as well.
I will just have to pretend it was really £200 😉
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hairy Biker you will also need to check what connection is you GPU to connect to MB as most now are PCIE  and the older ones AGP are not compatable .
but as for gaming i must say Intel are better now
http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/value/budget-gaming/form-factors a selection of MB bundles here  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro

did they make gt-610's in AGP?
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Nah its an pci express one.
PowerLee
Pro

Have you had a look at a motherboard bundle?
CCL & Novatech are worth a look.
At the moment it seems you get between 4 & 8 gig ram on the bundles at the lower end of the price range.
nanotm
Pro

this is offered on amazonhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-FX-8320-Vishera-Core-3-50GHz/dp/B00A0KA5GY/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=14238...
if its suitable for your needs of course Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and way over budget as well
HairyMcbiker
All Star

WAY WAY over budget there.
Had a look at Scan's offerings, their definition of affordable doesn't meet mine, maybe I should be looking at budget rather than affordable 😉
nanotm
Pro

yeah well its actually cheaper to buy all the parts separately than buy them as a bundle lol, the mobo is £140, the cpu £85, the ram £50 yet getting it from them adds £35......(and that's if you use amazon for all the parts they advertise in the bundle)
also I often check via google shopping for the parts then trawl places like aria /kikatek /micromart etc seperatly sicne they often list stuff on daily/weekly offers that arnt including in the google spider
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's worth checking with http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star

OK after a bit of too and fro, I ordered the one suggested earlier, with a different case. (same cost but it has a front usb3 socket)
Got 8Gb of ram for it.
BUT the graphics are carp! Nothing on stream plays. Civ V doesn't display the characters, just the background. etc.
So now have ordered a new video card for it, as my old GT610 I wanted to keep in the Dell, and use as my new server.
So costs spiralling out of control ;-(
Originally looking at a £200 budget, already over £300!
Speed appears to be about 2x on "normal" tasks, not tried any video conversions yet.
Getting the 2 monitors to work needed the hdmi-vga adapter (neat little unit I got for my pi to connect to a monitor), but the one connected to the (real) vga port has refresh issues (I can see the screen flashing even though it is @60Hz and not changeable. AMD driver will not install so stuck with the open source one.)
Hopefully the new card will give me back a working gaming pc.
Got this one
nanotm
Pro

I seem to recall reading something about vga connections being limited to 50hz and that could well be the problem your running into with your vga monitor when utilising the other connections, I remember getting round that problem some years back by using the motherboard output for the vga socket and the gfx card output for the hdmi +dvi output(s)
if I was going to run a multi monitor setup now though I would definitely bite the bullet and go for a proper eyefinity setup (or a display port one if running NVidia), now though I just use duel hdmi for remoting to the TV periodically and stick with one decent desktop monitor (I don't play flight sims though)
failing that you could go for a x-fire or sli setup but you would likely still need to upgrade that old VGA screen to dvi or hdmi /
HairyMcbiker
All Star

NO NO NO I will not buy a new monitor, these 2 are new (to me) but are only vga ports.
The one with the shimmer is showing as 60Hz on the info panel. (as is the one connected to the hdmi->vga)