cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer v customer loyalty

Fiona23

New customer v customer loyalty

I have been a Plusnet customer for about 5 years and have been very happy with them. I now have a smart TV and download a couple of shows on catch up. This has consequently added to my broadband usage of 10GB a month and I often have more added at a cost. I have looked today at my package with a view to upping the usage, to go to unlimited with a 14mb download speed will cost me £9.99 a month, add on line rental saver and its £22.99 a month.
Same package for a new customer is £15.49 a month, why are loyal customer treated so badly?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New customer v customer loyalty

You need to call Customer Options to see what they will offer
    0800 013 2632
    0330 123 9197
    8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am - 7pm Saturday
    9am - 6pm Sunday
sjptd
Grafter

You'll probably get a much better deal by ringing as Oldjim says.  However, when you factor in various cashback options for new customers as well, you will find that any loyalty bonus will rarely match the disloyalty bonus of switching suppliers.  Sadly, that seems to be standard across the industry (and many other industries too).
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I wouldn't call it deliberate but I upgraded from 6Mbps to an estimate of 16Mbps. From the first day I was getting 28mbps so a 40/20 package suits me. Both Swimbo and I sit together in the evening but I tend to use the main telly while she watches catchup on her iPad
Wen the family came at Christmas there were three families with three grandchildren at least three connections at anyone time. Don't expect your usage to stay the same  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

It's why I came here from Sky. Free 6 months interweb and £100 cashback via Quidco. Sky redemptions weren't worried about losing my business, so it was look for the best deal elsewhere.
Mark
Grezzer36
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As Oldjim says best to call PNet sure they will come up with a good offer as you've bee with them 5yrs. That's a long time nowadays! I upgraded from unlimited bband with Talk Anytime(line Rental Saver) to Fibre Unlimited with Talk Anytime (line rental saver) in Dec. Been with them 9yrs. Always been happy. Now paying less than I was for my adsl fixed for 2yrs! Suited me. Much bigger saving than even the pre Christmas new cust offer. I understand not everyone wants to tie in for that time but I'm happy to.
Good luck.