cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sky viewing cards for BT Sport

Washy1

New Sky viewing cards for BT Sport

Considering getting a 2nd hand/refurbished Sky+HD Box (latest black type) off eBay to get BT Sport HD via Plusnet - but before I take the plunge could anyone please answer my questions below:
1. Is there a charge for the new viewing card provided via Plusnet?  (Obviously I'm not currently a Sky customer/subscriber)
2. Are there likely to be any compatibility issues pairing a new card with a 2nd hand/refurbished Sky+ HD Box?
3. Without a Sky TV subscription will I be able to record BT Sport channels ( or any FTA channels) on the Sky+HD Box? 
4. If answer to 3. is no, does that mean I only need to hook up a single LNB channel to the Sky+ HD Box (as a single channel player only)?
Thanks....  Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: New Sky viewing cards for BT Sport

Quote from: Washy1

1. Is there a charge for the new viewing card provided via Plusnet?   (Obviously I'm not currently a Sky customer/subscriber)

No
2. Are there likely to be any compatibility issues pairing a new card with a 2nd hand/refurbished Sky+ HD Box?

No
3. Without a Sky TV subscription will I be able to record BT Sport channels ( or any FTA channels) on the Sky+HD Box?

No
4. If answer to 3. is no, does that mean I only need to hook up a single LNB channel to the Sky+ HD Box (as a single channel player only)?

Yes. But you'll need to enable single feed mode or it will nag you with no sat signal error messages.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Beat me to it Davey.  Cheesy
Washy, let me know if you want to place an order and I'll get you a viewing card dispatched ASAP for you.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Washy1

Thanks DaveyH - it's good to know for sure. Good tip on single feed mode, that would have been annoying. 
MattyC - thanks also, I haven't bought the Sky+HD Box yet so I'll order BT Sport as soon as I have.  To save any delays my end, if you're able to order a viewing card in advance ahead of my order and any Sky Box S/N or such info then yes, please go ahead.  
Got another question now...., would I need to connect the Sky+HD Box to the internet for any reason?  If so, would wireless be good enough or is Ethernet cable recommended?
Many thanks  Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
The dispatch of the card is part of the order placement process, so it would probably be best to wait until you have your Sky+HD Box.
As far as I can tell, I don't think you will need to be connected to the internet for the BT Sport service.
Washy1

MattyC, would you please confirm for certain whether an internet connection is required for BT Sport HD from Plusnet ?
Thx
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the slow response, Washy.
I've just checked with one of the staff dealing with BT Sport and they can confirm that it is not require.
Hope this helps.
flexo1966
Grafter

have tried to ring customer support line but have given up after no answer in 30 minutes.
If i took bt sport and needed plusnet to send me a card, how much would this card cost.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Answered in the other thread you hijacked...
Google terms 'plusnet bt sport' seemed to work for me  Wink