cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Customer with MAC code

vofsanity2

New Plusnet Customer with MAC code

I am a new customer of Plusnet.  Connection to my old ISP seeems to have been cutoff but I have received no notification from Plusnet that my ADSL connection with them is active. Is this normal practice ?
Also would it not be useful to have a NEW Customer section for the community ?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Plusnet Customer with MAC code

Were you with TalkTalk
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi vofsanity2,
I have checked your account and can see that your broadband order completed today and your account has been activated with us.  You should now update the username and password in your broadband router to connect with us.  Any problems let us know.
vofsanity2

Thank you for your prompt replies.
1. Yes I was with PIPEX which is now been absorbed by TalkTalk. One of my reasons for leaving.
2. Yes I am now up and running a day earlier than shown in my order tracker. This was why I was unsure whether I had a line fault or the switchover was  taking place which it was. I did try changing login details but at the time that failed also.
Thinking about it , I wonder if it is possible to send an email just before the switchover ? Fortunately I have other means of picking up my emails but otherwise with no internet connection I would not have been able to see that the activation had occurred a day early.
lexusuk
Grafter

The only reason you couldn't connect is because our automated account activation system had not yet run as the order had completed early.  It was waiting for the completion date to perform the relevant account actions to allow you to connect.  We wouldn't change that process as most orders complete on time rather than earlier.  Once the automated system had made your account active emails would have been automatically sent to you.
I simply checked the order progress manually and activated your account manually to get you up and running early.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

when I switched over (from TalkTalk) PN sent me a text on my mobile. Then I was aware when the broadband ceased  Smiley
I had received my new router from PN about a week earlier. Went like a dream  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

ditto, I got a text too and the switch over went like a dream.