cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Laptop

valart
Grafter

New Laptop

I bought a new laptop made by Toshiba it comes with lots of their different web sites,the only thing is I think it is slowing down my startup I wonder if it is safe to delete all of these program's.
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: New Laptop

a lot of the applications that come installed on laptops can be removed, I've certainly spent a lot of time removing them.
If you're unsure you can always post here and ask for an opinion.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: New Laptop

I recently took possession of a Toshiba laptop and spent quite a while getting rid of all the junk put on including umpteen websites and so forth with icons in abundance. What made it worse is that the company that supplied it also installed a load of old junk I had to get rid of but it felt and looked so much slicker after I waved my magic wand over it Wink
Also, may be worth checking what has been set to automatically run at startup from the Startup tab within msconfig.
I have found that almost everything has been set which slows the startup time considerably. Unticking all but essential programs can reduce the startup time by quite a substantial amount

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still