cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Google Nest WiFI & BT Sport (TV/YouView)

FIXED
czammuto

New Google Nest WiFI & BT Sport (TV/YouView)

So, I thought I'd treat the house to a new wifi, as the PN Hub and my TP-link powerlines were slow and constantly dropping the wifi/internet. 

Purchased the New Google Nest WiFI solution with 2 additional points.  Removed the PN1 Router and replaced with a HG612 Modem (in Bridge mode).  Works lovely, but YouView box is not allowing access to BT Sport (hubby going to be mad now)!

Can anyone help me to get the new google wifi & basic router to work with the YouView box?  I can access the internet on the box and watch iplayer etc, but no TV channels.

Any advice from anyone in the community who has got this working or do I have to put the old PN1 router back in (which keeps dropping).

HELP?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: New Google Nest WiFI & BT Sport (TV/YouView)

Fix
Welcome to the forum.

Sadly the answer is you can't get Google WiFi to play with the YouView IP channels.
There are several posts on the BT forum about this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
czammuto

Thanks Dvorak

Question:  Is the underlying problem with the Plusnet Hub 1/YouView box or the Google WiFI?  Just interested to know if I should return the google kit and get a refund / replace with BT whole home?

thanks again.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

It's a compatibility issue between the BT multicast and the Google multicast support from what I've read.
I had the same issue with Apple routers - they had multicast support just didn't work.

Some 3rd party routers do, though I don't have much experience using YouView with them.

My set up is now a bt smart hub 6 (though the Hub One is fine if you're turning off the wifi) and BT whole home.
Did a post on it here https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/BT-Whole-Home-Wifi-with-PN/m-p/1652505

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'