cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Digital Aerial Required - which is best?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: New Digital Aerial Required - which is best?

Thanks Jim... not long to wait...!..    Wink
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Make sure you put your aerial on a very long pole on top of a tall chimney and don't point it at any leafy trees (if possible).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran

@ Foxy
Erm........

(my aerial is about 25 feet max above ground level, and there is no way I can get it higher. !.) (local restrictions).

Roll_eyes
VileReynard
Hero

They will be boosting signal strengths when the last analogue transmission has been made - possibly spring/summer 2012.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

shutter
Community Veteran

Know the feeling, Jim....... I have a sore throat, and runny nose too !  Grin
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if "A Fox is Evil" is trying to get a job answering support tickets for Plusnet ?  Grin
VileReynard
Hero

Does the job pay well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@"A Fox is Evil" - [answer in style of CS ticket response]
"Has your well got a master socket ? if so there will be a ten day training period and then you will have to sign up for a direct debit or call for a MAC code so you don't get wet on the way home.  Remember any pay will be 'UP TO' 50 pence per day, and it is unlikely that you will ever achieve this estimated maximum rate - please enter you alcohol stats into the Kityz estimator to see whether you have a cat in hells chance"
pierre_pierre
Grafter

back to the original, they have completely mucked up my Freeview  I have had a good digital service for several years on the Sudbury (Suffolk) transmitter, then last month the perverted the Talcnoston (Norfolk) transmitter and moved some of the obscure Sudbury channel up to the top end Cnl67 until next year when they move back down
I now cant get a consistant signal of any use on that lot.  and some of them are not on Freesat so cant fall back to that either
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, Sudbury used to give good reception on ALL channels, now the BBC channels (on Ch#44) have gone marginal but everything else is OK ! - which is a bit odd seeing as the BBC frequency is not at the end of the channel numbers and is supposedly radiating at maximum power.
shutter
Community Veteran

seeing as I have finished with this thread.... you are welcome to hijack it seek advice here, Pierre, on how to improve your reception of Digital Freeview channels. Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

seeing as I was advising you, That would be difficult for me, I know what the problem is and the Transmitter people do as wall and admit it
Sudbury has in effect two transmitters, see picture below
the lowest was put up by Chanelc5, the higher was there first and is the BBC one, after digital they are serviced by two different companies,  will not get correct again till July 2012

david popperwell
Saturday 3 December 2011 5:24PM
1 day ago
How can the Sudbury Transmitter say its got no reported problems when alot of people have lost channels like yesterday and film4 because it has low power until june 2012.
What a joke when people have lost channels and had the ariel upgraded at cost and had all the channels then lose them because of low power.
Also have to put up with adverts for freeview saying how wonderful they are !!!!!
Trevor Hardy
Saturday 3 December 2011 9:46PM
20 hours ago
I live in Braintree and have lost my Freeview sky sports channels on my BT Vision box - they were great after the change in July but now gone. Done plenty of re-tuning, switching things off etc but nothing. Looks like I will have to cancel my subscription as no point in paying for something you cannot get!!! How can they say that nothing is wrong???
1 post GB
Eddie Stacey
Sunday 4 December 2011 11:10AM
7 hours ago
Viz-a-viz reception problems, particularly with channel 63. I've been through this at length with Digital uk to no avail as well as taking it up with BBC East after their Tacolneston switch-over report.
The high freqency and low transmission strength is obviously a problem but nobody, including my useless local MP could care less.
I can only suggest that people should keep complaining to their local media outlets.
If nobody complains, nothing will be done.
shutter
Community Veteran

Very Useful information about Sudbury.... not living in Suffolk, any more. PP... Live near the Isle of Wight... transmitter is Rowridge...  Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

You said just now you had  enough help, I as just saying you are not the only one, we now have the problem of a cock up as well