Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Network issue

Been having a bit of an issue for the past couple of months...  Whenever I switch on my laptop, the router starts to go mental with the internet lights flashing, at least once a second likely more.  Also I noticed that the Orange down arrow for the wireless icon on my android tablet and phone, permanently was on.  I tried everything to solve it, even putting the rubbish sagem router back on, in place of the reflashed 582n.  No cure.
I eventually traced it with the help of the Win7 resource monitor to something called Seaport.exe accessing the network. It appears to have something to do with Windows Search Enhancement.  I have disabled the service, to no apparent ill effect, and all extra activity on the LAN has ceased.
Anyone any ideas about Seaport, and what it actually is???
2 REPLIES 2
Blake
Grafter

Re: Network issue

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Network issue

Thanks Blake.
I never actually recall having downloaded anything from Windows live, but it appears I have Windows family safety, mesh and writer!!!!  When these were installed I have no idea!!  Dont really use alot of microsofts products apart from windows, such as one drive etc. Will be using a local account when I come to upgrade to 10, in a few months after the initial bugs have been ironed out.
What I dont understand is why the android devices were constantly appearing to download stuff, the upload arrow never lit up, just the download one.