Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear – Email date stamp conundrum!

God
Grafter

Netgear – Email date stamp conundrum!

Hi Folks
I receive email alerts from two different (and fully up to date) Netgear routers. Both show the correct time and date when you log in to them however both send emails with date stamps approximately a month later than the current date.
Anyone seen this before or know of a cure?
Cheers
9 REPLIES 9
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Netgear – Email date stamp conundrum!

Snap
Just checked the two e-mails that I get from Netgear routes, and both think its November already!!!
God
Grafter

Ah, Ok, It isn't just me then!
It's not a big problem as I redirect then all to a seperate folder, but still marginally irritating none the less!
Cheers
chillypenguin
Grafter

Checking the Netgear web site for new firmware;
Version 1.02.13
   1. Fixed an issue where the Block Sites function did not work.
   2. Fixed an issue where the feature to close/open Internet Messaging ports on the Firewall Rules page failed to work when using the Italian language with the Management Interface.
   3. Fixed an issue with DSL reconnect behavior after idle timeout.
   4. Fixed an issue with the configuration file that resulted in inability to restore backup with WPA2 security.
   5. Fixed an issue where Log Emails were sent with the wrong date.
   6. Fixed a problem where date and time values were stripped from BLOCK/DOS/SCAN and similar logs sent by email.

Netgear have spotted this and fixed it, off to do an update.
God
Grafter

It seems the remote DG834g isnt as up to date as I thought it was!
However my local DG834N v1 is running the 1.02.08 version update and still has the problem. I guess they are too lazy to fix it!
chillypenguin
Grafter

Netgear do seam very slow at propagating updates throughout their range.
avisoft
Grafter

Actually it was not Netgear who noticed the email date problem - it was me !!
On 2nd September 2007 I reported this problem with my DG834Gv3 running 4.01.28 firmware to Netgear technical support. It took me until the end of October 2007 to convince them there was a problem, due to their inability to read previous posts in the problem log. They even offered me a hardware replacement at one time!  Then in December the problem got worse, because it ran out of months! The dates became like ...
Date: Sat,1 null 2007 01:00:00 -0000
I complained even louder, and eventually got a personal fix just before the end of 2007 ... but In January the problem disappeared anyway ... only to re-appear in July? again on unfixed routers.
Firmware 4.01.37 for DG834Gv3 was publically released in April 2008, and that fixed the problem. I believe there are also fixed versions for other models.
I know it also affected the DG834Gv2 running v3.01.25, and the DG834PN running v1.03.18.
It was only because I was determined not to give in that it was ever fixed, I suspect.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I was so used to rubbish dates on the emails from my DG834v1 that I ignore them. I've just check the dates on recent emails and they were correct! I upgraded to V3.01.38 a couple of weeks ago - there's no mention of this fix against that version.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chillypenguin
Grafter

Since the update on mine it also includes the external IP address in the subject line, which is helpfull.
techguy
Grafter

Netgear tech support are pretty lousy at updating software, probably because their products are used more by consumers than business who tend to go for HP, Cisco, Extreme, Juniper or Foundry kit.
Consumers will always play second fiddle to business customers in any business because we are worth less to that company than a business account which may include thousands of items or connections.