Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834v3 with WDS x2

chino
Grafter

Netgear DG834v3 with WDS x2

Evening All,
I have a couple of Netgear DG834's (v3) which support WDS though i am having problems getting one router to see the other one...
From the KB on Netgears site i think i have set this up correctly though i am still having problems...
Currently i have setup my network as:
Router1 (Master) - WDS enabled with Wireless Point to Multi-Point Bridge - Enabled and the IP of the second Router added.
Router 2 (AP) - WDS enabled with Repeater with Wireless Client Association - Enabled and the IP of the Master Router added.
Both routers are broadcasting the same SSID and same channel (tried different channels)
No encryption while testing though unable to login to the wirless network - With Net Stumbler enabled i can see that one routers wireless becomes intermittent (master) though only when WDS is enabled.
Any ideas?
Only been working on this for a couple of hours though i cannot see what i am missing  Undecided
2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Netgear DG834v3 with WDS x2

If you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Distribution_System#Technical you will see
that WDS is a bad idea - connections made via the second router will run at half speed...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

chino
Grafter

Re: Netgear DG834v3 with WDS x2

Thanks for the info...
I am not bothered of the speed of the second connection... i just wanted to extend the wireless range with two DG834's