Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834GT settings

OshB5
Grafter

Netgear DG834GT settings

Hi All
Im having a problem with my SN margin at the moment but want to be ready should i need to switch modems I have just got a sky version of teh DG834GT and have refalashed the firmware and is now just like a normal netgear fully open I have been reading about the firmware and it looks like there is a few different ones you can get and do custom things. I have installed the latest one from netgear them selves.
What i was wanting to know is can anyone point me in the right direction to a setup guide for this modem on here F9 (Plusnet) If not can anyone suggest anyhelp?
As i cannot find anything on the site. And it sounds and looks as though this is a well used router/modem on this ISP?  I know the GUI looks straight forward but i have for some reason TWO static IPs shown on my account i dont know why and as i can ever remember have never used them before in a modem and wasa bit stuck on his area i.e if i have to use them or not?? Can anyone help with this so i can set the modem up ready in case i just have to swop the old one which is the 780Wl speedtouch
It shows Static IP 1
Static IP: 84.**.**.**   Gateway Address
84.**.**.** address for router
84.**.**.** spare address
84.**.**.** Broadcast Address
Netmask: 255.255.255.252
And static IP 2
Current Status :  You are currently using a dynamic IP address

So fom that it would seem tat im not getting the full use out of the static IP as im not using it correct would i be better to use it?
Regs Andy
jim:green ip addresses partly hidden just as a precaution mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Netgear DG834GT settings

Is this post really about a Netgear router?  What you really seem to want is information on how to make use of the static IP addresses you own.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Netgear DG834GT settings

Unless you actually need a static IP address (for remote access to the router for example) there is no need to use it.
There are arguments for and against static/dynamic but for the vast majority of users it makes no difference