Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Framework 1.1.4322 problems

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Net Framework 1.1.4322 problems

A site needs it, and I have downloaded 1.1 Re distributable as I understand it contains 1.1.4322. However I get error messages and the installation fails. Help please anyone, how to get over problem?
For error messages see attachment
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Net Framework 1.1.4322 problems

I found a couple of ideas you can try, don’t know if they will work for you.
The solution was to delete all files in the directory:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp

And
Try to delete mscoree.dll from system32 directory and then install .NET
Framework (or move it somewhere if you cannot delete it).

Regards, P.
samuria
Grafter

I would try installing .net 2 as 1.1 is an old version and most are backward compatible.
1.1 may need certain dll etc to be a certain version and MS updates may have put a newer version on your pc.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160 should do the trick.
My .NET 1.1 & 2.0 was corrupted and the above reinstall procedure fixed it.
Luzern
Hero

Getting error message that pointing to non existent location

Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post - it is not needed in this instance. : link:rules
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It would help if you actually said what the full error message was and what you ran to get it. Then we may be able to help further.
Luzern
Hero

Sorry I omitted that but it looked much the same as per the attachments in the OP.
In the end I found that 1.1.4322 was in C:\Windows with an earlier version and I cleared both out to start over, and then chose to install v2 as per samuria's suggestion. It appears to work. The only remaining oddity is that in Control/Add Remove Programs i have a listing for 1.1  and 2, but cannot remove that for 1.1 "as this action only valid for products currently installed".

Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post - it is not needed in this instance. : link:rules
samuria
Grafter

You may need to manually remove the program from the Add/Remove Programs list if you uninstall a program and the registry key that is used to display the program name is not removed correctly:
Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.

Locate and click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
After you click the Uninstall registry key, click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, click Desktop in the Save in box, type uninstall in the File name box, and then click Save .

Each key under Uninstall represents a program that appears in Add/Remove Programs. To determine which program that each key represents, click the key, and then view the following values:

DisplayName - the value data for the DisplayName key is the name that is listed in Add/Remove Programs
-and-
UninstallString - the value data for the UninstallString key is the program that is used to uninstall the program
After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add/Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click Delete .

After you delete the key, click Start , point to Settings , and then click Control Panel .

In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs .

In Add/Remove Programs, verify that the program for which you deleted the registry key is not listed.

If the program list is not correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can double-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop to restore the original list of programs in the registry.

If the program list is correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can right-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop, and then click Delete .
Luzern
Hero

Thank you all for your help