Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to do an image of my windows 10

FIXED
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Need to do an image of my windows 10

I got a new Laptop and I've got it to a point where all the drivers and apps I need are running very smooth. I'm not a big fan of backups etc, but I feel the need to make a complete copy of my current Windows 10 OS, any thoughts on the best way to proceed with that would be welcomed bearing in mind the last backup software I used for imaging a complete OS was either copy *.* or Norton Ghost!

Also, what the hell is ISS related to?

hmm.PNG

Windows did an update a while back and removed some funky type of wifi streaming etc, not sure if thats related, but I would like to pin that down before backing up.

3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Need to do an image of my windows 10

Fix

I believe ISS stands for Integrated Sensor Solution.  Some sort of Intel product, possibly, but I have no idea what it does.  The exclamation marks indicate it is not working correctly.

Instructions on using Windows to make an image are here; http://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-full-backup-windows-pc

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

If you are wanting to make an image of the entire PC (as opposed to just the Windows 10 operating system files) I would recommend using the free edition of Macrium Reflect.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I wasn't aware that windows would image the lot, so thanks for that.

I had to slim down the drive a bit to make 100GB backup section, but I still can't find a solution to the ISS thing.

Best Guess is this http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-pro-widi-discontinued-noti...