cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly all websites seem to have an invalid security certificate.

hermit
Dabbler

Nearly all websites seem to have an invalid security certificate.

Don't know if its just a coincident but since upgrading suggested XP pack, I have been hit time and time again on quite a few sites informing me that their security certificates have expired. I have added an exception as advised in each case but the problem still keeps coming back Is there anything I can do to get rid of this annoying problem. Thanks. H.
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Nearly all websites seem to have an invalid security certificate.

What sites are you having the problem with and what web browser are you using?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hermit
Dabbler

I'm using firefox and some of the sites are:- goolemail.com, plusnet, tesco.com. motorhomefacts and so on. I don't get hit with the warning "invalid security certificate" every time but now and again and its not only on one site which is a bit annoying. Thanks. H.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one of the m$ updates is the security certificate data, have you updated that?
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Are you using the latest 3.0.5 version of Firefox ?
Do you see a fully populated list of "Authorities" in the Certificate Manager - see attached. I'm not certain how this information is collected or where it's stored (someone with more technical knowledge than me might be able to help) but it sounds as if this might have been corrupted.
If no one else comes along with any better suggestion I would re-download the latest version of Firefox and re-install
Cliff
hermit
Dabbler

Have downloaded latest version of Firefox and tried using Internet Explorer but still got the same problem. I've just got the same message for this site again stating that its security certificate is invalid or expires, make an exception, it will ask me again when I come back.  I'm using windows XP and my computer is really slow of late. H.
prichardson
Grafter

When you get thr screen in firefix warning you, there should be a view certificate button.
Are you able to provide a screenshot of this?
Additionally, are you able to verify that the date and time on your system is correct? This is one of the most common causes.
hermit
Dabbler

You were right, spot on. It was the date/time, for some unknown reason the date had changed to 2011. Everything seems to be ok now, just got to tackle the issue of a very slow computer. Many thanks. H.