cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tech stuff is getting a mind of it's own

JPN
Rising Star

My tech stuff is getting a mind of it's own

I have a networked system connected to an FTTC internet.  The pluscom router is linked to an 8 port gigabit switch.  I have a hardwire link to a LG-NAS which has a DLNA server set up with media files (mainly mp3 and jpg). Also hardwired are three pc's and a Samsung TV. The samsung has DLNA capability, but has never talked properly to the LG-NAS.  As a result I've used a serviio DLNA server on one of the (XP) pc's.  This serves the directories on the LG-NAS which contain the media.  The TV does not have any wireless capability.  I recently loaded BubbleUPnP onto an android tablet, to get access to the media library.  So far, so good.
Last evening, I was sitting with the family watching TV.  I thought I'd just take a look at some family photos on the tablet.  I browsed the images as usual, no issues.  I picked one to view full screen, and it displayed as usual, but then the TV programme was interupted by the TV loading and displaying the image I was viewing on the tablet, much to the confusion of us all!  I can't work out why the TV suddenly switched to the image display of it's own accord, and how the tablet was able to muscle in on the connection without ever having been asked to (as far as I'm aware). 
Any guesses what's going on?

4 REPLIES 4
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: My tech stuff is getting a mind of it's own

You probably inadvertently hit the share to TV button, I occasionally do that myself too, so no need to worry about Skynet taking over your computers... Smiley
picbits
Rising Star

I turned on the small light above my chair yesterday and the television turned itself on - no remotes involved  Shocked
Maybe they are getting ready to take over the world !!!
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

The internet of things whoooo hoooo  Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
JPN
Rising Star

Thanks twocvbloke.  The system seems to look for a 'renderer' as it opens, and it looks as though it picks up the TV. I've not knowingly asked it to do so, and there's no 'share to TV' button.  More irritatingly I can't see how to stop it doing it.  I suspect I might look around for a better software than the bubbleupnp; one that does what I ask it, rather than what it thinks I want!