cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My modem doesn't work

susansmall

My modem doesn't work

Hi,
My modem doesn't work. The on/off light is flickering red and the internet light is flickering green. I have tried new micro filters, switching the modem on / off and resetting the modem, nothing seems to work.
Any advice would be most grateful.
Many thanks,
sue
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: My modem doesn't work

Hi Sue,
It sounds like the power cable is broken and your modem isn't getting power.  If it's a USB modem, you can easily get a new USB cable from most computer stores, but it might be an idea to take the plunge and go for a router instead?
I'm sure we can offer some suggestions if it's something you would be interested in Smiley
susansmall

Hi,
i am able to use a pay as you go internet access. Does this mean it still could possible be the cable?
the original cable had 5v on it - am i able to use any usb cables (6v etc) as long as the conneectors are correct?
paulby
Grafter

If, by PAYG access you mean standard dial-up, then yes, it could still be the cable as dial-up uses a different modem (and hence a different cable from your broadband modem).
Any USB cable should be OK provided the connectors are correct.
A better solution would be to get a router though.  Plusnet can supply you a new one (provided you've not got any deferred hardware costs on your account already) for free (you only pay £6.99 P+P).
samuria
Grafter

Can we confirm it is a broadband modem we are talking about and not a 56k dial up modem?
susansmall

Hi,
My modem still does not work. (i have tried new micro filters and new cables).
when i originally signed up with plusnet you supplied me with a voyager 210 ADSL Router.
Please can you advise of the following;-
1. when did i originally sign up? - is my modem/router still under warranty?
2. please can you re-confirm my password to my hotmail email you have on record.
many thanks,
Sue
Emma
Grafter

if you give CS a ring on 01142965198 they can confirm your password over the phone (after going through some security details) then they can advise on what can be done about the router.