cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first post! And a problem already! Doh!

ImpretSir

Re: My first post! And a problem already! Doh!

Thanks adiewoo, thats interesting, I havnt ever been asked for a password. My wireless adaptor came with some software calling itself a wireless LAN configuration tool. After putting the adaptor into a USB port this starts automatically and displays the available networks, including Plusnet. Then its just a matter of pressing the button marked, Connect this site.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont think any one has said what router have you got? was it from Plusnet or one you already had?
ImpretSir

Ahhhhh, hang on! Maybe Ive susses it!
This configuration utility is not exactly clear about what you have to do, the installation instructions are less than explanitary! I just worked out that what WPA PSK means! (here its written as Pre-shared key, and I didnt make the connection, no pun intended), and there was no mention anywhere about having to fill in information to be able to connect. When I workrd that out and put in the relevant info hey presto! It connected!
Lots of thanks to all who attempted to help me out here, what a nice friendly place this is!I hope one day to be able to repay the complimant, (fat chance!)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Glad you've got it sorted  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Denzil
Grafter

Excellent - these things usually turn out to be something simple (at least in hindsight).