Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Speedtouch 585v6 - AOL or non-AOL ?

SarcasticGuy1
Grafter

My Speedtouch 585v6 - AOL or non-AOL ?

Hey guys.
I've just done some checking of the Speedtouch 585v6 I bought. I had been avoiding it as it mentions AOL on the sticker on the box so I've been assuming that it's one of the neutered AOL versions.
I thought I'd best double check, but I've now realised I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for to indicate if it's AOL or not.
I've attached screenshots of the information page (in case there's something on there that indicates it) and a screenshot of the toolbox page, purely because I was under the impression that items are missing/greyed-out on this page.
Are there any other screens that would tell me if this is AOL or not?
As you might be able to tell from the screenhots the router wasn't connected to the phoneline at the time, I'm assuming this would make any difference and that the router doesn't need to be connected for the difference to show up?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: My Speedtouch 585v6 - AOL or non-AOL ?

The firmware is  standard Speedtouch and is the last one which allowed noise margin tweaking
Why not try changing the setup to Plusnet and see if it will save it
jack21
Grafter

Re: My Speedtouch 585v6 - AOL or non-AOL ?

@SarcasticGuy1
As OldJim says, it is at the right firmware version to permit SNRM tweaking. I recall that the AOL ones I had  (all were firmware 6.2.29.2) did allow username/password alteration, and worked on Plusnet OK, but would not cooperate with DMT version 7........so I'd also suggest trying DMT 7 with the router.
Jack