Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Google Home page has gone funny!

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: My Google Home page has gone funny!

Quote from: shutter
nor am I getting a "progress bar" at the bottom.....

When downloading I get a progress bar in the bottom right corner and another progress line that runs in the URL window.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: artmo
Quote from: Oldjim
Fixed my black bar problem - changed the object code in stylish from gbx4 to gbx3

@shutter, when you say refresh do you mean the reload button as mine is on the left Undecided

Yes.. the curly arrow thingy !... used to be at the left of the address pane...now it is on the right !
Blinking annoying.!
still not getting the red " progress bar"!  instead... I get an "address bar" in the bottom left as a "Pop up".. telling me loading ... (whatever url the site has) ...  Undecided
artmo
Aspiring Champion

You can reposition the reload button in a blank space.  Right click the toolbar and select customize. Drag the reload button into the window .  Once there you can re-drag it back on to the toolbar but to the left.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have the "home" button on the left too - much more sensible position
shutter
Community Veteran

Interestingly, I have neither the Reload, or Home icons in my "customise toolbar" selections.... however I have got a S for Stylish, which I dragged and dropped onto the lower task bar, and it works as it did before...  Cheesy
progress....
(IF they want to "update" "improve" things why do I have to do all the work to make it how I had it before they messed about... I suppose it keeps someone employed.... and me off the street, mugging old ladies and robbing phone boxes ! ! !   Grin )

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

HA hA HA HA ! 
Just found out if I drag the existing Icon onto the Customise Toolbar Selection box, I can then drag it back up to the left side of the address bar....
Great... !  almost there.... now all I want is the red "progress bar "... and I can open a can of beer !.... Cheesy
artmo
Aspiring Champion

That's what I said in post #17 Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
shutter
Community Veteran

Er, well,... I`m not complaining... !... just did not realise what you meant!...
progress.... is  s............................l.......................o..................w......................
cos now I have found out, that I need to do the above, to all sites that I have open... although it does appear that when I open a new Google search page, the icons are in there "proper" places.  so I suppose THAT is progress ! ! ! .. Wink