Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Editing Software

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Music Editing Software

I have several music vids that all have different volume output levels, meaning that when each track is being played, ( automatically in sequence/playlist) I have to keep changing the volume on my phones. some are VERY LOUD and others are very soft in volume level,
Does anyone know of a software that will produce the same level of output, ( e.g. normal LOUD ) to whatever level is input into the software?
8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Music Editing Software

VLC Player has a Normalize Volume to: option. Never used it myself but may be useful?
Have a look at this thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

had a read through that, and it seems like that is only good for "one" time use, on one vid presently playing.... ( via the dvd player  presumably) and it "equalizes the sound" between fight scenes and dialogue...
What I want to do is to re-record the music vids, they all come out at the same volume when played from a playlist...
Mav
Fixes: 514

Problem is if you increase the volume of the quieter videos then any hiss, noise, etc would also be increased. Conversely, if you reduce the louder videos then any quieter parts within them may become too quiet.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

IanSn
Rising Star

If on DVD, are they protected? You wont be able to grab and edit a video file without some palaver.
If they are grabable files then a video editor of some sort should be able to normalize the levels. But you'd have to burn the files back to DVD.
shutter
Community Veteran

The increase in volume and hiss will not be a problem , they are "pop" music, not classical ! likewise a reduction in volume will only be good for my ears ! ! ! ...  Hence the requirement for software! !
The tracks are all on the HDD, not dvd or cd rom... so no problem with re-burning.
I have a couple of video editor progs  (avidemux and videopad editor) but they produce the sound the same volume as it was orignal...
What I am looking for is something, where I can load a "Playlist" , then re-record them, with a pre-set constant output volume, all in one go...
IanSn
Rising Star

CD/DVD burning software often has this facility when you compile the tracks you want to burn, and then normalize the lot.
Sounds like that's your best option to me. Otherwise you'll be doing them all one by one before burning...
You may find your burning software already has this?
edit - digital recordings should produce no hiss.
        Its definitely do-able. Just a question of doing it without expensive software!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

What's the file format, video codec and audio codec required for these Music videos?
That's RPM to you!!
shutter
Community Veteran

I am using .mp4 .... I have a small MPEG4 player I use in the car, and also use GOM player on my Laptop....
I have just acquired some software.... that "may" do the job.... will have a play with it later today, and see what happens...