cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple destinations for emails failing.

Asdagadget2

Multiple destinations for emails failing.

For my local Village Newsletters, although I pay Plusnet for my phone and Broadband (fibre), I use a 'msn.com' email address. (I have Windows 10 and use Outlook) I have been doing this for a couple of years and the newsletter goes to, roughly 175 email addresses, and I have rarely had any problems. I have divided the addresses into 8 groups with varying numbers in each group, and send the Newsletters to myself and BCC them to the rest. About 3 weeks ago, there was an unadvertised change in Outlook and the emails were shown in a totally different way. At the same time, when I tried to send a Newsletter, a window appeared stating "It has not been possible to send your email at the moment. . . please try later". Trying again does not work. I tried sending them to just 2 groups of addresses, and the emails were delivered. . . as soon as I tried to send it to the next group, the same message appeared. I cannot find out what I need to do to enable me to return to the 'status quo' where I could send to this number of addresses without any problems. . . can someone help me, please?

4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Multiple destinations for emails failing.

Are you sure it was an 'unadvertised change' and not an accidental change in the settings or a fault?  Which version of Outlook is it?

I vaguely recall having problems trying to send to a 'bad' email address (e.g. one that contained a space by mistake) resulting in an error message that was obscure and gave no clue as to the root cause.  

Asdagadget2

Thank you for your suggestions. I am using Outlook that is out of Office Professional Plus 2010, and I have not touched the settings, and it does not seem to be a fault. I have double checked the addresses to make sure that there is nothing wrong with any of them. . . and they are all correct. What I cannot understand is that, before the day that my MSN emails changed its view, I was able to send to the same folk without any problems. . . . . . except that, if I tried to send 2 emails to my group contacts in one day, I had a message from Mailer-Daemon that the email had bounced back from 6 of my contacts who were all with plusnet or associated ISPs like Tesco.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I see a lot of computers belonging to other people.  When an email program changes it's view then it can be rectified in the settings.  I suspect it usually happens when they unwitting click in the wrong place or otherwise accidentally cause a change.  So that may be a red herring with regard to the problem of sending emails.

If you have Outlook (software) configured to interact with a Microsoft email address then you should have received an email telling you to reconfigure Outlook.  I think this came about a month ago.  Did you follow the instructions?

PeterBirt
Grafter

HI Asdagadget2,

Sorry to hear your having problems I know your not using a plusnet email address to send from but is it possible you can paste or attach the header file from one of the bounce backs from one of the contacts using a plusnet email address? 

It might be that the spam filter is incorrectly identifiying the email as spam and the headers would be a good starting point.