Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msn Messanger Login Problums

BenG
Grafter

Msn Messanger Login Problums

Hi all,
I got a new PC yesterday cos my old one broke, anyway this new one comes with Windows Vista Home ed, The problum is I am finding problums logging into Windows Live Messanger, I can log into the email account fine, but each time I use the messanger client or even the webmessanger client it just does not login, for example the client just shows an error code 800xx something and says check your connection witch is working, or I not be typeing now, also I checked the firewall all is fine I even disabled the default windows firewall and even turned the one of in the plusnet portal, But still gives the same error code.
The Webmessanger version just takes my username and password and then as it going to show the popup were you chat it, just does not show and return you back to the start page.
Any help will be helpfull.
umm one day I had this vista and already I am thinking of a new clean install of windows xp
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Msn Messanger Login Problums

I see similar messages probably every couple of days, only way i can get messenger to sign in is reboot the router.
what router do you have?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Strange that it's affecting webmessenger too, I'm wondering if there is a firewall rule in place, or a router config causing the specific ports that MSN uses to be blocked?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BenG
Grafter

hi,
I got a netgear dg834 and the firewall rules I have none setup for inbound or outbound, but I always had it that way even on windows xp, that worked fine, funny thing is tho I can get google talk to work, it just this Live Messanger. I am not sure if the windows firewall is blocking it, tho I even tryed with it turned off, and I have no other firewalls installed. it very strange like.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

is it a dg834pn? if so you're probably suffering the from the same things as me...
did you try rebooting it?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BenG
Grafter

Thanks adiewoo rebooting the router seemed to do the trick, I can now login Smiley
Thanks agian for all your help.