cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msi laptop disconnects the router

john50
Grafter

Msi laptop disconnects the router

My daughter has a msi laptop, the first time she goes on the internet after powering up it nearly always disconnects/restarts the router. Normally after that first disconnect its ok  to connect and reconnect to the internet.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated because I'm baffled  
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Msi laptop disconnects the router

Hi john50,
Others have seen a problem of a similar nature, so not sure if it could be the same. Maybe disabling the wireless N might fix it. Have a look here to see how the others dealt with it.
Jojo Smiley
john50
Grafter

Thanks Jojo I hadn't seen that thread,
Now I'm around again after some pretty awfull shifts at work I'll have a proper read through later
john50
Grafter

Cheers Jojo turning off the wireless n seems to have done the trick.
Not that it really matters now its working and the BT systems don't think  the routers disconnecting 20 million times a day  Cheesy  any idea of the firmware updates that were mentioned in the other thread
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: john50
any idea of the firmware updates that were mentioned in the other thread

We're still waiting for an update on that. However, if anyone reading this has been affected and wouldn't mind being a guinea pig, I have something I'd like to try.
Jojo Smiley
john50
Grafter

Jojo If you still need a guinea pig , reply, pm, ring,  post or whatever it looks as if its not terrifically common but is happening
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI john50,
What I'd like to do is put the router back to the old 8.2.7.7 firmware and then re-enable 'n' in the adapter settings and see if it still has the same issue. I'll put it back to 8.2.7.8 once we're done. Bear in mind the router will be off for about 10 minutes while the firmware installs.
Jojo Smiley
john50
Grafter

Not a problem,  just do it when you want, I'm only lazing around today, I don't need the pc for anything in particular, In the meantime I'll reenable  "n"