cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla Thunderbird

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Mozilla Thunderbird

My pc has XP, with Zone Alarm. I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my e-mails. Yesterday I received an e-mail from a relative to let me know they had changed their e-mail address. I couldn't find a simple way of editing my Thunderbird Address Book so that the senders address on the incoming e-mail could be electronically transferred to the address book. The Thunderbird Help Page didn't help. In the end I had to manually edit the address book entry, which isn't the most reliable way. I seem to remember that when I used Outlook Express, I could do this the electronic way
So now for Question No 1 - Is there a simple way of doing what I wanted to do?
I tried to ask Mozilla Support, but couldn't get past the log in window - it either didn't recognise my e-mail address or my password.. I re-registered with Mozilla, just in case that was the problem, but even after replying to the confirmion e-mail that I was who I said I was, that didn't get me past the log in window.
So that's Question No 2 - why can't I log in to the Mozilla Support page?
Thanks for your help
5 REPLIES 5
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird

Hi there
See here -  scroll down to  Editing a contact
http://en.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/address-book-basics/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Thankyou for that, but it still seems to me that , having opened the contact details in the address book, I have to type the e-mail address in, which is what I was trying to avoid. My typing is liable to introduce errors.
What I was looking for was something like having the e-mail open, then clicking a button or two which electronically put the senders e-mail address into the contact details.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you right click the the email address you can copy it which you can then paste when you edit the address book entry.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

When I " Reply to Sender Only"... the contact address goes into my "collected addresses"...automatically.....   you should find this as a secondary listing on your "Address book" .....( I have loads of "one off" addresses in there I must sort out and delete)...
once it is in there, just delete the old one....
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Sorry for the delay replying - hectic weekend - cub camp. All the preparation, then the surviving, then the recovery.
Thanks for your answers. I shall try them.